PDA

View Full Version : Need quick Apex help -- leaving town.

scrumpto
12-26-2014, 06:43 AM
I'm the type of guy who does things slowly and carefully. So I've had an Apex Neptune system sitting in a box for a while waiting for me to get around to installing it. I figured I'd have some time between Christmas and New Year's to really sink my teeth into this but alas, the wife planned a surprise getaway for about ten hours from now for three days out of town.

So I've spent the last four hours setting up my Neptune system, reading manuals, watching videos and despite my being a computer expert, I find myself totally baffled and frustrated. I promise someday I'll RTFM fully but for the moment I just need some quick help.

Much of my confusion seems to stem from the recent shift over to Apex Fusion and yet most all of the manuals and videos being for the old configuration setup. Or am I confused on that and you still need both?

Anyway, here's all I need to do and I need instructions written for a five year old please as when the Comprehensive Reference Manual discusses creating a virtual outlet and says things like the following I want to scream!
"If you only need 3 outlets for example, you could create a DC4 then either delete the forth unused outlet..." WTF?

I'd like to simply set the automatic feeder (from Neptune) to feed twice and day and turn off the return pump for half an hour when it does so. I know how to setup the feeder -- I just need to know how to incorporate the return pump. When I did plug in the return pump to the system it treated it like I wanted it on again and off again every five minutes (grrr).

Any and all help would be appreciated -- or the neighbor boy is going to have to come overfeed the fish ;-)

Thanks!

Levi
12-26-2014, 09:46 AM
you can do the setup both ways, fusion is the new "app" basically for the control center portion. You program in the old config area, and fusion is the face of the program so to speak. Good luck, I would just sit your temp probe in sump, setup heaters and be done with it. Too little time to do a full setup.

static reef
12-26-2014, 10:22 AM
Dont do it.

Find a fish sitter. Set it up when you get back. Feel free to pm me, why i am giving you this advice. We can talk on the phone as i cannot type all the reasons

Levi
12-26-2014, 10:34 AM
good advice!

RuRoo
12-26-2014, 10:43 AM
Dont do it.

Find a fish sitter. Set it up when you get back. Feel free to pm me, why i am giving you this advice. We can talk on the phone as i cannot type all the reasons

Let the neighbor boy watch your tank.