PDA

View Full Version : Hamilton T5 6 bulbs

Kkep18
12-03-2014, 09:34 PM
So I have a 6 bulb t5 Hamilton Fiji sun lights on my 120

I'm wanting to order new bulbs! what kind should I get what colors and light schedule should I use

I have 3 plugs so 2 bulbs on one plug

Just_Tim
12-03-2014, 09:37 PM
I was experimenting with bulb colors a while back. I found that having an even ratio of deep blue and violet threw the best color for my tank. I still kept my 20k daylight halides.

Kkep18
12-03-2014, 09:42 PM
I was thinking of getting the ati bulbs but not sure what to get I don't have halides only 6 t5 and some moon light LEDs for night time

I was going to keep 2 white and mix up the other 4 but was going to ask u guys 1st

coach
12-04-2014, 08:45 AM
I have ati blue plus bulbs as supplements for my leds. I really like the color of this bulb and I have seen noticeable increase in growth. I have 4 t5 bulbs running, but only two of those are the blue plus. I am wanting to add another blue plus and a coral plus. I tried the purple plus, really liked the color but seemed to notice an increase in cyano. I'm not sure if it was the result of the bulb or not, but I'm going to get control of the cyano before adding the purple plus bulb again.

Kkep18
12-04-2014, 06:54 PM
Nice my tank crashed about a month ago so I'm upgrading while I'm not up and running I was thing 2 whites 2 blue plus and coral plus and maybe a Aqua blue but not sure what order to put them in for the light schedule