PDA

View Full Version : led fixture for 65 tall

notchback5.0
11-28-2014, 11:30 AM
Hey everyone, its been a long time since I have been on here. I have taken a break from the internet in general for a while. I am working on setting up a RR 65gal tall and need some advice on LED lighting. I need something that will be strong enough for stony corals. I havent had much luck looking on the net and the majority of threads seem to be adverts for manufacturers. I typically run a 20k color and would prefer something I can maybe adjust from 14k to 20k, Let me know if you have any recommendations.

static reef
11-28-2014, 11:45 AM
Contact doyle and have him make you a 3 watt cree led fixture. To oenetrate that depth I would think 1 100 watt chineese led wont be enough for sps. He'll HOOK you up.

charleshardy5
11-28-2014, 11:45 AM
I have a 200w evolution led set from Reefkoi that would prolly do you just fine. I don't use it anymore as I have switched to halide lighting. It's fully dimable and my LPS did just fine under it. Shoot me a pm if you're interested

We The Sheeple

notchback5.0
11-28-2014, 11:56 AM
I have a 200w evolution led set from Reefkoi that would prolly do you just fine. I don't use it anymore as I have switched to halide lighting. It's fully dimable and my LPS did just fine under it. Shoot me a pm if you're interested

We The Sheeple

Why did you switch from LED to halides?

charleshardy5
11-28-2014, 12:02 PM
Looks better imho, more natural color, and I've gotten phenomenal growth since making the switch as well

We The Sheeple