View Full Version : What kind of hose for water changes?

10-31-2014, 01:39 AM
In my fish room I have multiple brute cans -- one for RO/DI, one for mixing salt and a third for pulling water out of the tank during a water change. It works pretty well.

However, I despise the vinyl hose you get at Lowes -- that stuff won't bend and is impossible to work with.

Can someone direct me to something better that won't cost a fortune? It would be nice to have something more pliable and easier to use. I've seen silicone hose on BRS but yeesh it's expensive!


10-31-2014, 07:43 AM
Buy the clear tubing from Lowes or HD,get what ever diameter that will work for you.

10-31-2014, 07:47 AM
Garden hose

We The Sheeple

10-31-2014, 07:56 AM
Scott, what about one of those garden hoses that contracts/expands? You can pick them up at Bed, Bath and Beyond.

10-31-2014, 08:07 AM
I use the clear tubing after you heat it up in hot water it bends just fine