PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Feedback on controllers

Just_Tim
09-23-2014, 06:04 PM
I want to add a controller and a dosing pump to my setup. Any suggestions on what products work well together?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

deboy69
09-23-2014, 06:25 PM
Depends on how computer savy you are. Apex is most user friendly. Reef angel is more complicated

Sent from earth

Just_Tim
09-23-2014, 06:28 PM
I speak a mild version of computard. So apex it is. Is there a dosing pump that functions better with the apex?

charleshardy5
09-23-2014, 06:32 PM
Wooo hoo! What changed your mind man? I know you were pretty happy few weeks ago without a controller?
Last time I checked my watch this was America!

Just_Tim
09-23-2014, 06:35 PM
I got a new internet service. Got me thinking I could set a doser then so on and so forth and now I'm a crazy person.

719bloodhound
09-23-2014, 06:43 PM
apex is coming out with a dosing pump I am holding out for it

Just_Tim
09-23-2014, 06:47 PM
I may wait for that. I don't need a doser yet but I'm starting to see good growth. I know that dosing becomes exponentially more important as coral grows. I'm looking for the recipes for the DIY Calc & Alk also.

charleshardy5
09-23-2014, 06:49 PM
Telling you man, if you're nervous about dosing I would either A. Stick to just doing water changes like me, or B. Manually dose, that way you have total control. I was speaking with Doyle just today about how nervous dosing pumps, whether high end or not, make me.

deboy69
09-23-2014, 06:49 PM
Brs doses are controlled via an on off command like a switch. But the apex doses called duo doses are about 350 and have way more functionality and control.

Sent from earth

Just_Tim
09-23-2014, 06:53 PM
Telling you man, if you're nervous about dosing I would either A. Stick to just doing water changes like me, or B. Manually dose, that way you have total control. I was speaking with Doyle just today about how nervous dosing pumps, whether high end or not, make me.

Loud and clear. I'm concerned that if I forget and miss a few days my growth will plateau. I'm dosing twice a week right now.

charleshardy5
09-23-2014, 06:59 PM
If you miss you cam always catch back up. I'm willing to bet Doyle would talk your ear off bout it man, his 90 gallon he hasn't done a wc I think he told me in 10 years? He was talking bout going on vacation and missing doses. I'm assuming that you'd have to have an extremely high demand system to have missing one or two doses cause issues. Keep in mind this is all speculation on my part as I have yet to undertake dosing myself, but I plan to once the 180 is up and running as weekly wc for me would be pretty ridiculous moving all that water up and down stairs. I am going to definitely call on him when the time comes though to help me figure everything out that I can't figure out myself (heads up Doyle) haha

Just_Tim
09-23-2014, 07:00 PM
I still need to see Doyle's lair. I will try that indeed.

NightStar
09-23-2014, 07:25 PM
Doyle is also the diy doser guru and can share all the recipes.

Just_Tim
09-23-2014, 07:28 PM
Doyle is also the diy doser guru and can share all the recipes.

Awesome sauce!

hooked
09-23-2014, 07:44 PM
HaHa, thanks Charles. Last water change was in 2010 not 10 years ago. Heck, my tank isn't that old.
I learned about the DIY 2 part from Ritmar. He had a fantastic system. It was easy to believe in it after seeing his tank.
Hereis the link to the DIY 2 part.
http://www.reefkeeping.com/issues/2006-02/rhf/

Oh, you are welcome to come by any time Tim.

charleshardy5
09-23-2014, 07:49 PM
HaHa, thanks Charles. Last water change was in 2010 not 10 years ago. Heck, my tank isn't that old.
I learned about the DIY 2 part from Ritmar. He had a fantastic system. It was easy to believe in it after seeing his tank.
Hereis the link to the DIY 2 part.
http://www.reefkeeping.com/issues/2006-02/rhf/

Oh, you are welcome to come by any time Tim.

haha, I forgot to mention I have horrible memory, still, 2010 is a long time ago 😋

Just_Tim
09-23-2014, 07:53 PM
Thanks Doyle. Anytime you're free would be cool.