PDA

View Full Version : Maxspect Celestial Full Spectrum

Lakaikea
09-03-2014, 09:42 PM
Thoughts on these lights for nanos? Only $229 and programable...

Levi
09-03-2014, 10:08 PM
AI Prime is $199 and programmable via WiFi and can connect to director. They had two over an IM 30l fusion and it looked amazing.

Lakaikea
09-03-2014, 10:11 PM
ya... they did look pretty cool...the maxspect ethereal from Interzoo is wifi too but did not see one at MACNA...no word on prices fir those but they look pretty awesone

Lakaikea
09-03-2014, 10:17 PM
The ethereal light is at about the 8:27 mark in the video...might give the prime a run for their money... http://youtu.be/5d-umCmiHpk

Joe
09-03-2014, 10:48 PM
The Celestial does weather effects according to that video. I don't remember seeing the Prime doing weather effects at MACNA. Did anyone notice if it does that?

Lakaikea
09-04-2014, 06:30 AM
I remember the guy saying that the ethereal can do weather, it's the one that looks like a square. Did say that the celestial is programmed in the same way that a razor is programmed... I know with those you can ramp up and ran down your photoperiod, But I don't know if they do weather...

Levi
09-04-2014, 07:23 AM
The ethereal is huge for a nano. Might as well go with two ai hydra 26s or two xr15pros if you are going with a light that big. The prime is a replacement for the ai nano. Also in the video he says it is a prototype and you will be able to do things like control it with your android and iOS phones to do things like storms, clouds etc. To me that's too much hedging the bet to say it will for sure do all these things that aren't needed. I will be in the market for a prime, hydra 26 or xr15pro

Lakaikea
09-04-2014, 07:27 AM
def a fan of the hydra 26s...for the same price the kessil a360 is highly rated also...just harder to program into an Apex. Kessil's new controller looks pretty sweet...Brian picked one up at MACNA

Lakaikea
09-04-2014, 08:11 AM
I priced both configs out on Marinedepot w/controllers and the to stand/to tank mounting options and the difference is less than tank of gas...know anyone in the club who has had success w/the Kessil's?

The Hyrda setup came out to $1,086

The Kessil setup came out to $1,026

BRuby
09-04-2014, 08:35 AM
I priced both configs out on Marinedepot w/controllers and the to stand/to tank mounting options and the difference is less than tank of gas...know anyone in the club who has had success w/the Kessil's?

The Hyrda setup came out to $1,086

The Kessil setup came out to $1,026

Here is a list of LEDs that either own now or have owned in the past:
Ecotech Radion Gen 3
Sunbright supply
Kessil A360WE
AI SOL
AI Nano
Ecotech Panorama
Marineland
EVO 120
EVO 200
Maxspect Razor

The things I look for are ease of use and controllability first of all. I love the controllability of the Ecotech and AI products. I also like the shimmer of the Kessil but I like it more as a supplement than the only lighting system. Before I got the controller, I did'nt like the light at all. I have learned that it is cheaper to get what you want up front than to try something cheaper and end up with what you wanted anyway. If it were me and the choices were Kessil or Hydra, it would not be close for me. Hydra all the way. In your scenario however, I would find someone that has an old EVO laying around that you could use until the Prime comes out. I don't see anything that competes with that light in function or price. Just my 2 cents

BRuby
09-04-2014, 08:39 AM
and with a 2' square spread on the Kessil 360, I don't know that I would do 2 fixtures on a 3 foot tank. If you put it in the middle, you would only have 6 inches on each side that were not lit. This spots would be good for lower light corals.

BRuby
09-04-2014, 08:43 AM
if you were leaning toward Kessil, we could put mine over Beth's tank and you could see how you like it with just one fixture.

Levi
09-04-2014, 08:49 AM
Here is a list of LEDs that either own now or have owned in the past:
Ecotech Radion Gen 3
Sunbright supply
Kessil A360WE
AI SOL
AI Nano
Ecotech Panorama
Marineland
EVO 120
EVO 200
Maxspect Razor

The things I look for are ease of use and controllability first of all. I love the controllability of the Ecotech and AI products. I also like the shimmer of the Kessil but I like it more as a supplement than the only lighting system. Before I got the controller, I did'nt like the light at all. I have learned that it is cheaper to get what you want up front than to try something cheaper and end up with what you wanted anyway. If it were me and the choices were Kessil or Hydra, it would not be close for me. Hydra all the way. In your scenario however, I would find someone that has an old EVO laying around that you could use until the Prime comes out. I don't see anything that competes with that light in function or price. Just my 2 cents
+1 agree all the way

Levi
09-04-2014, 08:51 AM
if you were leaning toward Kessil, we could put mine over Beth's tank and you could see how you like it with just one fixture.
A nice option for sure to test before you buy. I like how Beth has 3 AI nanos and would either do two ai 26 or 3 primes. I like that primes are 199 and do an amazing job. 2x hydra 26 is overkill IMO.

BRuby
09-04-2014, 08:57 AM
when I was setting up my SR-60 I spent a lot of time on the phone with Ecotech and they told me that one Radion with the wide angle optics would work fine over that tank. I purchased the optics but never used them since I got one of my fixtures for free. So I have the optics that you can have if that is an option. Thundertwonk on MASC used to have great deals on these lights, not sure if he still does or not.

Lakaikea
09-04-2014, 08:59 AM
Def appreciate the offer, no need to go swapping out your gear. I saw the spread on the A360Ws was pretty big, the A360s w/the more narrow spread was an 18" spread, but then if ya ever wanted to use them on a larger tank in the future its more limiting. I agree w/the ability to easily control your lights. Before Kessil came out w/that controller you have, programming a one into an Apex looked like a huge pain.

Lakaikea
09-04-2014, 09:00 AM
Her nanos do look pretty good over that tank
A nice option for sure to test before you buy. I like how Beth has 3 AI nanos and would either do two ai 26 or 3 primes. I like that primes are 199 and do an amazing job. 2x hydra 26 is overkill IMO.

Joe
09-04-2014, 09:19 AM
The cool thing is during Fragtoberfest there will be Radion 30 and 15, and a Kessil in the raffle.

sweat044
09-04-2014, 09:57 AM
Ok. Not to hijack by any means. Just curious as I am in the market for a new LED for the 29 gallon biocube but don't want one that will break the bank. What are thoughts on one for me?

Lakaikea
09-04-2014, 10:46 AM
Ok. Not to hijack by any means. Just curious as I am in the market for a new LED for the 29 gallon biocube but don't want one that will break the bank. What are thoughts on one for me?
Do you plan on a retrofit or are you going to remove the top that comes on the biocube and go rimless? If you go with the retrofit, rapid led makes a kit for both the coralife and oceanic biocubes http://www.rapidled.com/biocube-29

sweat044
09-04-2014, 10:52 AM
I am looking for one to hang over the tank. Right now I have an old Chinese one cord LED but want something better.
Do you plan on a retrofit or are you going to remove the top that comes on the biocube and go rimless? If you go with the retrofit, rapid led makes a kit for both the coralife and oceanic biocubes http://www.rapidled.com/biocube-29

Lakaikea
09-04-2014, 10:55 AM
Like Levi has been saying, those AI Primes look like a hard deal to beat for price & controlability

sweat044
09-04-2014, 12:09 PM
Does anyone have a link to the AI Prime? I tried searching for them and cannot find them.

Like Levi has been saying, those AI Primes look like a hard deal to beat for price & controlability

kmellon
09-04-2014, 12:58 PM
AI is short for AquaIllumination. The Prime is a really sweet looking light, but I hope they do something better with the hanger than what they brought to the show.

Levi
09-04-2014, 01:25 PM
AI is short for AquaIllumination. The Prime is a really sweet looking light, but I hope they do something better with the hanger than what they brought to the show.

See I really REALLY liked the hanger they brought specifically for the IM 30L Fusion. I like how you can raise and lower the light as well as extend or shorten it to get the right position. The light itself is adjustable as well which is amazing!

Lakaikea
09-04-2014, 05:07 PM
See I really REALLY liked the hanger they brought specifically for the IM 30L Fusion. I like how you can raise and lower the light as well as extend or shorten it to get the right position. The light itself is adjustable as well which is amazing!
Were you ever able to get a demo? Everytime I asked they said it was on a scheduled program and told me no....