PDA

View Full Version : Nem question?

Just_Tim
07-30-2014, 06:42 PM
I have these two hot pink BTA's. I got them about 7 weeks ago from a tank that wasn't kept. They've never opened. So my question is can Nems become nitrate stunted? I have other happy and very healthy nems if that helps.

Levi
07-30-2014, 06:59 PM
Some people seem to have really good luck with nems. The two you have may take awhile to bounce back as a nem like the ones you have expells all their color when stressed.

Just_Tim
07-30-2014, 07:00 PM
So you don't think they're permanently stunted?

Levi
07-30-2014, 08:24 PM
No just need lots of time and I'd assume a lower light schedule

Just_Tim
08-01-2014, 05:29 PM
Ok, who among us has Anemone Aptitude?

charleshardy5
08-01-2014, 05:30 PM
What about em?
Last time I checked my watch this was America!

Just_Tim
08-01-2014, 05:33 PM
The luck I suppose. If there's someone here that just has the touch when it comes to finicky nems.Take my two hot pinks, get them to open and keep one for the trouble.

charleshardy5
08-01-2014, 05:57 PM
I'll hold em for ya if you want. And you can have em both back too. The thing is though, if you've got another nem that's doing fine its prolly not gonna be much of a change having them in my system. Nems take patience my man, I thought I was gonna loose my RBTA once he shrivled up to nothing and lost almost all his tentacles, I was about a day away from giving up and then poof the next day he was all swollen up and looking happy minus his missing arms. Now he's huge and all bright pink and hosting two clowns. I would just give them more time man. They'll prolly bounce back. Time will tell man, they're prolly just taking a while to get used to good water quality coming from ****ty ya know?
Last time I checked my watch this was America!

Just_Tim
08-01-2014, 05:59 PM
Damn. I was hoping that someone had a quick fix. But I gotcha.