PDA

View Full Version : ReptiGlo 2.0 for Chaeto

Joshuaaah
05-08-2014, 02:58 PM
Just curious on everyones take about using a light like this for my sump?
Have you used this before or not? Has it been used by someone you know?
What are/were the effects ?

:scott:

Repti Glo 2.0
Full Spectrum Terrarium Lamp
Repti Glo 2.0 Compact
Ideal spectrum for all reptiles & amphibians
Stimulates plant growth
High visual light output
Stimulates appetite, activity and reproductive behaviour through UVA radiation
High Colour Rendering Index of 98 (CRI) - 6700 K
Recommended in combination with Repti Glo 5.0 or Repti Glo 10.0, depending on the reptile's requirements

The Exo Terra Repti Glo 2.0 is a general light source with a high visual light output and a very high colour rendering index (CRI), but a lower UVB radiation. This bulb is suitable for snakes, all amphibians (frogs, toads and salamanders) and nocturnal animals. Plants will thrive under this light as well. It is also a perfect complementary light to a UVB bulb to boost visual light.

http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn118/joshuaaah/Reef%20addiction/compact_bulbs_20_zps7ce1fe8d.jpg (http://s302.photobucket.com/user/joshuaaah/media/Reef%20addiction/compact_bulbs_20_zps7ce1fe8d.jpg.html)

hooked
05-08-2014, 03:17 PM
It would work, 6700K is good for that. I would imagine due to it being a specialized bulb. It will be pricy.
You could get by cheaper just getting a generic 5000 - 6000K cfl from walmart or somewhere like that.

charleshardy5
05-08-2014, 03:49 PM
yeah man, i use those bulbs for my beardy, well the brand at least. expensive. i just run a normal walmart brand bulb and get good growth in my fuge. it's much mo betta on the wallet haha

Joshuaaah
05-08-2014, 03:57 PM
Well when the pet store went out of business, i kept one of these bulbs that was brand new. So i already have it, thats why i ask.
It is on my sump now, i just wanted opinions to see if it would fry the chaeto. I assume it wont, since they claim its good for plant growth.
Ill give an update in couple of weeks.

Levi
05-08-2014, 06:51 PM
That will grow chaeto like crazy

Sent from your LG G2 using Tapatalk