PDA

View Full Version : Catching Reef Fish

normanviking
05-03-2008, 11:18 AM
Not sure if this is the forum for rhis or not. I tried catching my Emperor Angel last night. Saw him picking at the polyps. I tried the fish hook thing for about an hour. At least got my two Clarkii out and finally put my Elardi in. Damn Emperor hit that hook everyone time I put n in front of his face, just not enough to get the pointy part to sink in. Russ how did you get your Majestic out? My Fuzzy Dwarf and Blonde Naso were to most curious ones.

lmarc78
05-03-2008, 11:36 AM
Not sure if this is the forum for rhis or not. I tried catching my Emperor Angel last night. Saw him picking at the polyps. I tried the fish hook thing for about an hour. At least got my two Clarkii out and finally put my Elardi in. Damn Emperor hit that hook everyone time I put n in front of his face, just not enough to get the pointy part to sink in. Russ how did you get your Majestic out? My Fuzzy Dwarf and Blonde Naso were to most curious ones.

I just had to get a Rabbit fish out of my 120 and I did it at night while he was sleeping, and used a purple flash light to get his attention off the net. Worked pretty good.

racer69
05-03-2008, 01:03 PM
Dan, to catch your angel, you will probably need a fish trap. I made on a few months ago and will bring it to the meeting this month if you want to borrow it. I will be at the board meeting tomorrow if you need it sooner. Just let me know.

Deuce67
05-03-2008, 06:11 PM
Dan, I got my angel out via hook. Took like 2 minutes lol.

normanviking
05-03-2008, 07:32 PM
Russ what size hook? Did you use Mysis? Thanks Todd. I will see if I can grand master Russ to help me first. With the fish trap, do the usually more aggresive eaters get caught first? Then keep going until you get the one you want? Thanks guys.

Deuce67
05-03-2008, 08:04 PM
I uses a #16 hook with a piece of shrimp. I got the hook at walmart at the fly fishing section.

Jiggyfly
05-03-2008, 08:58 PM
I think LDogg needs to start a sport fishing forum.

Thurge
05-03-2008, 09:24 PM
Sounds like I need to dig into my rod blanks and make the club a tank fishing pole.

The best way I have found to get a fish trap to work is to sink it in the tank and leave it. Feeding in it for a few days then actually try and catch the fish you want.