PDA

View Full Version : New

Jpclelland
09-29-2013, 09:00 AM
Hello, my name is Josh and I have not officially introduced myself on the thread. I am active duty military and live in Pueblo. I have already received a lot of great info and assistance from this forum and greatly appreciate it. I currently have a 55 gal with a few hardy fish, mushrooms, polys. I figured Id go with the hardy stuff while I was still learning to ease the potential problems if I did something wrong. So far, so good but I am getting some green algae on the sand. I have a sand star and a bunch of snails. Also, I am using a HOB skimmer. I know a sump is the way to go, but it's not an option now since I dont have another tank to move my livestock to, nor does my current stand facilitate room to hold a sump. I want to upsize to something with a sump, but am waiting to find the right set up for the right price. There are a bunch that are already established at great prices, but Id rather get a 75-125 that is not set up so that I can allow it to cycle and then move my current setup to it. Anyway, thanks for all of the info and I look forward to making it to a meeting.

Larrypueblo
09-29-2013, 10:33 AM
Josh it's nice to meet you! Welcome I also live in pueblo, there not that many of us down here so nice to have another Hobbyist down here. There also JJ aka Jared he runs My Reef to yours he has great prices just corals thou but best prices !! and supper great guy. Don't be shy and ask a way remember no such thing as a stupid question we where all new to this hobby.

Jpclelland
09-29-2013, 11:09 AM
[QUOTE=Larrypueblo;150858] There also JJ aka Jared he runs My Reef to yours he has great prices just corals thou but best prices !! and supper great guy.

I talked to him last night and plan to stop by to check out what he has. Thanks for the info.

static reef
09-29-2013, 11:12 AM
Larry what the heck man,
You didn't tell me you had another jj. Not sure how I like that.

Jk. He is a great guy. China ck out bush with coral expressions and chris with reefkoi. Awesome guys. Awesome deals.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Larrypueblo
09-29-2013, 12:03 PM
Larry what the heck man,
You didn't tell me you had another jj. Not sure how I like that.
Don't worry! your my main JJ LOL I just mentioned Jared is because he's in Pueblo much less of a drive and he is great and he's been so much help he's a great bud!!LOL but you Bush and Chris are awesome and have great stuff I try to spread what tiny bit of money I have around LOL

stacy_vennes
09-29-2013, 12:34 PM
Welcome josh. We love pics lol great buch of people here. I miss them

89delta
09-29-2013, 12:41 PM
Welcome Josh...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 4

Luke W.
10-11-2013, 07:33 AM
Welcome. You came to the right place

ialtalal
10-11-2013, 08:37 AM