PDA

View Full Version : AC70 Refugium Light?

lamilvelo
09-24-2013, 11:58 AM
Anyone know of a place to find a small led type light that I could mount on the top of my AC70? I've been doing a bunch of searching but haven't really found anything I like so far.

static reef
09-24-2013, 01:14 PM
Two things

Most of us just use a typical light bulb with a clamp on style offuce light. The key is to make all the bad algaes grow in your fuge and not in your dt. The typical bulb will allow all of your macros (including my mangroves to thrive) and creat a algae paradise.

If you ate looking for something cool and led I have a nice lught for you that I am selling for 75. Dimmable whites and blues. They are from the evo libe and have been over my macro dt for a year. I just took out all my macros and put in another nem so I needed more watts

A few things to think about.
Jj

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

lamilvelo
09-24-2013, 01:35 PM
Yea I'm considering a CFL but the spillover will be pretty extreme I think. The area it needs to light is like 3"x5" so was thinking maybe a small led light might have worked to lay on top. I found intankmedia has http://shop.mediabaskets.com/Underwater-10W-Single-Light-WTL10.htm which I'm thinking might work best.

kmellon
09-24-2013, 01:44 PM
for the size of the AC70, that might be perfect. Keep an eye on the growth of your macro as you might need to move it around from time to time or add a second one. I would bet that power supply could handle two of those lights if you modded an additional one on to the line.

Yea I'm considering a CFL but the spillover will be pretty extreme I think. The area it needs to light is like 3"x5" so was thinking maybe a small led light might have worked to lay on top. I found intankmedia has http://shop.mediabaskets.com/Underwater-10W-Single-Light-WTL10.htm which I'm thinking might work best.

lamilvelo
09-25-2013, 10:11 AM
I think I'm going to go with one and see how it goes. I'm hoping the macro will tumble a bit in there but if not I will spin it around every so often. Thanks for the advice