PDA

View Full Version : I need help with our tank please

Bones
07-07-2013, 05:53 AM
My husband works long hours and I don't have the knowledge to take care of our tank. I am hoping to find someone willing to help me.

static reef
07-07-2013, 08:38 AM
What is it, that your needing help with?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Murfman
07-07-2013, 09:24 AM
Please tell us what is going on with the tank. What help do you need?

Bones
07-07-2013, 09:52 AM
Everything looks brown. I would like for someone with a bit of patience to help me understand how to take care of this tank.

Please don't laugh, but I can't upload a picture on here. I tried :( I can send one through email or by phone.

Murfman
07-07-2013, 09:54 AM
Sounds like diatoms in the tank. How long had the tank been set up? What kind of lights? What fish and corals do you have? You can use photobucket, if you have an accounts and use the IMG tag to load a picture link.

Bones
07-07-2013, 10:08 AM
lol, my knowledge on the computer isn't that great either. I am so sorry. This is what I know about the tank. It is a 90 gallon bowfront. This tank has been up and running for about a year. I am not sure about the lighting. I know about the fish, :) 1 large sailfin, 1 tomato clown fish, 1 clarki, 2 flame angel fish, 1 six line wrasse, 1 blue damsel, 1 Neon velvet damsel, 1 yellowtail blue damsel. 1 three stripe damsel. I am not sure about the names for the corals, frogspawn, torch, leathers, mushrooms and a few others.

static reef
07-07-2013, 10:16 AM
ok, lets start with a few photos. send them to my phone at 843-318-2736 and we will go from there. due to the fact that your tank has been set-up for a while that should eliminate a diatom boom in your tank. Please include a picture of your lights, protein skimmer and sump (if you have one). Most of this can be explained over the forum with no problem. Without seeing a picture we cant really give you a good diagnosis on whats going on.

How long are you keeping your lights on?
How often do you feed your fish?
when was your last water change?
Do you make your own water with an rodi or are you buying water from a local FS?
When was the last time you changed your bulbs on your tank?
Do you know if your running any reactors (mechanical filtration)?

these will help us help you

JJ