PDA

View Full Version : Building a nice outside around a stand?

Amphispur
04-06-2013, 04:50 PM
Ok so I've waited long enough with having to look at a metal frame for a stand, and I want to make it look all pretty ;) For those that do not know, I have a 150g. Here is the build thread: http://www.thescmas.com/forums/showthread.php?12916-Amphispur-s-150-Build-Thread

And also I've sadly lost about 75 to 80% percent of my livestock :( and slowly trying to replace them all. So the big question here: How should I attempt this, and how do I attach the wood to the metal frame?

Thanks,

Amph

Murfman
04-06-2013, 04:54 PM
How should I attempt this, and how do I attach the wood to the metal frame?

Thanks,

Amph

magnets or liquid nails, if you don't have to take the paneling off.

Amphispur
04-06-2013, 04:55 PM
So I've done a little research, and have found that glue could work. The other requirement there is that it must be easily taken apart. To quote my dad, "In four years its gone just like you are to collage!" - ah gotta love dads....

Amphispur
04-06-2013, 04:59 PM
Thanks murf I think I'l go the magnet route here! Thanks for the quick response, but I think I will leave this thread open for a little just in case anyone else does things a little differently

static reef
04-06-2013, 06:52 PM
+1 with magnets and liquid nails. You ave to rough up the side that will be glued to the wood in order for it to adhere