PDA

View Full Version : Hello World

JustNCredible
01-13-2013, 12:07 PM
Just wanted to introduce myself. Name's Justin from Colorado Springs and I just found this site the other day.

I decided to come back to join the reefers of CO after about 2 years.

I had a 20G nano setup but with college and moving around every 6-9 months I didn't want to setup another tank until I found a steady living situation. I'll be moving in March into a house and am ready to dive back in.

I just bought a 55 Gallon tank (now that petco redid their $1 per gallon sale!) And have a stand at my moms in Pueblo I plan to bring up then.

Until march this gives me plenty of time to slowly piece together the rest of my system and plan an aquascape.

My plans so far for this tank are as follows.

Going to attempt to put together a sump for the first time once I figure out what dimensions I have to work with on the stand I have/or if it's not large enough build or buy a larger stand to support one.

Plan on integrating a refugium, UV sterelizer, skimmer, heater and ATO in the sump most likely.

Gonna plan to setup an LED system on this badboy deciding between a custom setup, a solderless rapidled.com setup, or just tossing two of rapidled's new onyx system on top. (open to suggestions for lighting and how you all hang your LED systems)

Hunting through Craigslist now for other accessories like heaters, pumps, powerheads, skimmers and will get everything I can't gind online within then next couple months.

Questions:

Who in Colorado Springs does tank drilling so I can begin building my sump?

Best places in town/state/online to get live rock?

Recommendation on skimmers (never used one before but I understand how they work)

stacy_vennes
01-13-2013, 12:47 PM
welcome. Drilling ask murfman, hooked, joe,campbell,codeman01, just to name a few. look up ritmar moving on thread he has rock going for 2.00 a pound and well worth it. lights look up hook for diy or our sponsor reefkoi good luck and patience

TAllen
01-13-2013, 01:51 PM
Welcome to the club Justin.

lsaint
01-13-2013, 02:16 PM
Welcome!

Campbell
01-13-2013, 03:07 PM
Welcome!

Murfman
01-13-2013, 07:11 PM
Welcome Justin. Lots of threads on drilling with links to videos, on here. Some from last week.

Joe
01-13-2013, 09:46 PM
Welcome back to the addiction!

I have a lot of gear I am selling including live rock, several heaters, powerheads, a skimmer, sumps, pumps, and several lights. I haven't organized everything and listed it all yet, but you are welcome to stop by and take a look whenever you want. You can text me at 719 377 7352 or just give me a call.

I would definitely check out the for sale page here and on MASC in Denver before working through the Craigslist ads. You'll generally find better pricing and gear that is pretty well taken care of from forum members. There are even Craigslist Overpriced Deal of Day threads on the forums. That's not to say you can't find deals there, just you will probably get better prices on the forums.

JustNCredible
01-13-2013, 11:18 PM
Welcome back to the addiction!

I have a lot of gear I am selling including live rock, several heaters, powerheads, a skimmer, sumps, pumps, and several lights. I haven't organized everything and listed it all yet, but you are welcome to stop by and take a look whenever you want. You can text me at 719 377 7352 or just give me a call.

I would definitely check out the for sale page here and on MASC in Denver before working through the Craigslist ads. You'll generally find better pricing and gear that is pretty well taken care of from forum members. There are even Craigslist Overpriced Deal of Day threads on the forums. That's not to say you can't find deals there, just you will probably get better prices on the forums.

Sweet deal thanks. What kind of powerheads, heaters, lights and skimmer u selling and prices? u can either reply or message me, It's kinda late right now so I won't call or text lol

Campbell
01-13-2013, 11:22 PM
Don't worry, Joe stays up late... He's got plenty of babies to attend to!

Joe
01-14-2013, 12:34 AM
Don't worry, Joe stays up late... He's got plenty of babies to attend to!

I'm heading to bed. Tomorrow will work better!

Campbell
01-14-2013, 12:55 AM
Haha and then you found another baby!! Lol