PDA

View Full Version : New to saltawater...question about filters and does anyone have live rock for sale???

drumland
09-13-2012, 08:54 AM
Hello I have had a 10 gallon tank for about 5 months. I have been very successful at keeping it in balance. I am now setting up a 55 and wondering about filter systems.
Currently on my 10 I have an Aqueon hang behind the tank filter and it has worked well I think. In moving to the 55 and getting all the rock, sand, water, light, heater and so on I have spent most of my money.
My question to you who have been at this a while is this. Will I be ok for a little while with the Aqueon hang behind filter for the 55. I bought one that is rated for 55 to 90. I am planning on going to a sump with protein skimmer.

****Also I am looking for more live rock if anyone has any for sale.

Thank you for your time

Murfman
09-13-2012, 09:08 AM
Hello I have had a 10 gallon tank for about 5 months. I have been very successful at keeping it in balance. I am now setting up a 55 and wondering about filter systems.
Currently on my 10 I have an Aqueon hang behind the tank filter and it has worked well I think. In moving to the 55 and getting all the rock, sand, water, light, heater and so on I have spent most of my money.
My question to you who have been at this a while is this. Will I be ok for a little while with the Aqueon hang behind filter for the 55. I bought one that is rated for 55 to 90. I am planning on going to a sump with protein skimmer.

****Also I am looking for more live rock if anyone has any for sale.

Thank you for your time

Welcome to the SCMAS!!!! If the filter is rated for upto 90 gallons you should be OK as long as you add livestock slowly. Right now it is established for 10 gallons. You can boost this by adding a bacteria additive, when you add new livestock. Honoreetamore is having a garage sale this Saturday. She has a lot of live rock for sale that is truly live.

http://www.thescmas.com/forums/showthread.php?12064-Curtain-Call-Time-to-take-a-bow...-99-of-all-I-have-for-sale

sweat044
09-13-2012, 09:55 AM
Welcome to the club!

stacy_vennes
09-13-2012, 10:19 AM
welcome and go to the garage sale saturday it will be worth it. she has great items and alot of selection.

Polworts Plunge
09-13-2012, 12:20 PM
I'll be there Saturday for sure

Murfman
09-13-2012, 12:21 PM
I'll be there Saturday for sure

Bitten by the bug!!!!

drumland
09-13-2012, 12:58 PM
Murfman I am totally excited about the new tank! I wish I could have gone to a 125...but I will work my way up. ;-)
Yes and totally bitten by the bug haha. It is actually a super funny story as to how I got into saltwater in the first place!
I checked on the sale for Saturday do you know if she will list her address? I am going to go. I guess I could PM her but I have not figured out how to do that yet.

Murfman
09-13-2012, 01:37 PM
You went have pm privileges till you have 25 posts.

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk 2

Polworts Plunge
09-13-2012, 07:31 PM
Bitten by the bug!!!!

LOL.....yeah, and it ain't getting any better. Lolol