PDA

View Full Version : Opinion on some LEDs

dirtefish
09-06-2012, 03:21 PM
Looking to switch over leds from pc on my lil pico.
Here is the fixture
http://www.aquatraders.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=56230&CartID=1
Still on the fence about buying but 6 3w seems decent for a lil pico.
if ya have an opinion lemme know will either be buying this tonight or spending more money on bulbs that only last 6 mo.

hooked
09-06-2012, 04:12 PM
3w LEDs are going to be way too much for that small of a tank. You will have to dim them to almost nothing. I would go with 1w and that is still gonna need dimmed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dirtefish
09-06-2012, 04:48 PM
Im thinking im just gonna reorder another set of pc bulbs for it. They are only 10 bucks on that same site for 50/50s.
Least till I can do a proper diy led on it. The options for pico lighting seem kind of lame aside from building yourself seems like each fixture has a draw back.

Murfman
09-06-2012, 04:48 PM
Dirte, what size is the tank? Check out Ecoxotic. I have their Pico tank that is 5 gallons and I use their LED array for it. Corals seem to be doing fine.

dirtefish
09-07-2012, 07:34 PM
Dirte, what size is the tank? Check out Ecoxotic. I have their Pico tank that is 5 gallons and I use their LED array for it. Corals seem to be doing fine.
There stuff is pretty bad *** I like that the strips are modular but the start up price for a little pico thats just a holding tank is a bit steep.
Id really like to close this little tank down anyhow, just dont have a home for its inhabitants until I get off my butt and finish my breeder project.