PDA

View Full Version : hey colorado

wbgnt
08-13-2012, 12:26 PM
everyone we are planning on moving out to Co in may of 2013 and just kind of seeing what the saltwater forums and stores are like out here so any feed back would be great. A little about me now we have a 220 gal mixed reef with a 75gal sump with a custom skimmer that will soon be replaced with a custom build ATS that I am finishing as we speak. We also have a 72 bow front sps tank. I have been in the saltwater hobby for about 9 years and my wife has been in it not by choice since we met but our 2 kids love watching the tanks and fish and know most of the fish in the tank. I am also put of the BOD of our local fish forum TCMAS. I would love hearing about the stores and about everything that Colorado has to offer saltwater related. Nate

Chadrw79
08-13-2012, 12:34 PM
What part of Colorado are you moving to? There is also another forum that a lot of us use and are members of as well. Marinecolorado.org or MASC. Look forward to seeing your posts and pics of your tanks.

wbgnt
08-13-2012, 12:51 PM
we may end up by denver or colorado springs but not really sure on where we are going to end up have a friend that lives in buena vista co and he loves it there but housing prices are kind of high there so we are still searching online. I will be out there this fall for a hunting trip and going to do some looking around then but thats not til the end of oct. I'm not great with a camera but will try to take a few pics of the big tank today and post them but when we move i'm sure that i will be starting from scratch again with just a tank and live rock and rebuild all my corals. Nate

reefmaster719
08-13-2012, 01:06 PM
Great. We look forward to your pics. Marinecolorado.org is a great forum with awesome people. It's like one big happy family ;-)

Joe
08-13-2012, 03:48 PM
Nate,

I'm still fairly new here, so anybody pipe in with extra info if (as) I leave out stuff. There are at least four shops with salt water fish in CO Springs. Fishy Business, Seascapes Aquatics, Mr. Aqua, Valley Pets, and Petco that I know of. There are several people selling corals locally and down in Pueblo. Look at the sponsors link here for some of them. I'm not sure about Denver, I haven't made it up there yet.

Good luck with the move!

anemone
08-14-2012, 05:49 PM
There are a good number of stores in denver also (quality im not sure of) its to far for my lazy self to drive lol... But yes multiple stores in the springs but if theres anything you want i would say 90% of the time someone on our forum here has it, lots of GREAT people here and GREAT knowledge that REALLY helped me get started and lots of fun trades and monthly meetings =)