PDA

View Full Version : Subject thread about stores

Cedibona
07-01-2012, 09:03 PM
I would love to see a new subject thread on stores, on-line and local. Experiences that people have, good or bad. I would like to leave a comment about Tropical Treasures and see what other people think. In specific, I have been in the store twice so far and each time I have gone in I have been completely ignored and when I asked a question the guy looked up from his stapling answered and turned away and continued stapling (now with his back to me as if he didn't want to answer any further questions)... I was just wondering if they have good livestock there, if anyone has had any luck there or if I should give them another chance. So far they have lost my business, but if the guy was just having a bad day (or two) or what... I would love to get other imputs on the experience. Also I am thinking of making an order from Aquatic Connection and wanted to get opinions on them. They have high shipping costs, but I don't know if that is normal for fedex. But there you go, I would like to see an area to post comments and opinions on businesses :) Thanks!!!

jdday
07-01-2012, 09:23 PM
I thought it was just a place that went out of business but still had a sign. I tried calling one day because I did a search for a power head I think and they never answered. They lost my business that day too, It also looked like they only sold freshwater fish?

Cedibona
07-01-2012, 09:40 PM
I went in there and they do have some saltwater stuff; coral, fish, used tanks and some new stuff. I was going to get some plants for my refugium but they guy seemed too interested in making his signs. Nice looking fish too, had some 3 stripe damsels I was interested in but I didn't want to 'interupt' him again, so I just left. I still might go back there for the fish, but I would like to get some opinions on the place. It would mean something to me to have someone say "order it from seascapes" or "yeah, try them again, I bet he was just having 'one of those days'" Or even "their service is crap, but they have awesome, healthy fish and beats ordering on-line"; ya know...

Sputnik
07-01-2012, 10:18 PM
I have never been there (I have been told it not worth bothering with). If your looking for fish Try the Petco on Powers&Union, they will order what you want. I have had very good luck with their fish, all have been healthy and are doing well, which is more than I can say for the other shops in town.

Murfman
07-02-2012, 05:48 AM
I have never been there (I have been told it not worth bothering with). If your looking for fish Try the Petco on Powers&Union, they will order what you want. I have had very good luck with their fish, all have been healthy and are doing well, which is more than I can say for the other shops in town.

Patty, who runs the Salt water section at that Petco, is also a member here at SCMAS.

Cedibona
07-02-2012, 08:22 AM
I will stop by today and ask for her :). Let ya know how it goes...

Cedibona
07-02-2012, 06:16 PM
Went there and saw Kevin,and he was extremely helpful!!! They are getting a new shipment in tomorrow, so I will see them again! They had a Wonderful stock of fish and Coral, I am so happy they were pointed out! :)

iseedeadcorals
07-02-2012, 09:40 PM
cant go wrong with reefkoi

303travism
07-02-2012, 09:57 PM
cant go wrong with reefkoi

+1.

Cedibona
07-02-2012, 11:24 PM
So I haven't had any exp. w/ reefkoi yet, are they just on-line? I saw a forum here that people go in to make orders to keep shipping low, has anyone had any problems with them?

BRuby
07-02-2012, 11:41 PM
So I haven't had any exp. w/ reefkoi yet, are they just on-line? I saw a forum here that people go in to make orders to keep shipping low, has anyone had any problems with them?
No problems with Reefkoi. He is local, just go pick out what you want.

Sputnik
07-04-2012, 12:31 PM

You can email him from his site (contact us page) to set up a pick up. Never had a bad experience there.

Reefkoi
07-05-2012, 02:32 PM
Thanks guys :) and yeah email me sales@reefkoi.com anytime
Chris

anemone
08-09-2012, 06:37 PM
+1 for ReefKoi he is willing to ask questions for newbies like me and if theres something you want he can get it. Also Jon at Mr. Aqua is helpful and his GIANT tank is always cool to look at.

codeman01
08-09-2012, 09:07 PM
Ya, reefkoi is awesome, and you can spend hours looking at 1000's of different frags (and he knows the names of every freaking one, crazy) and finding the perfect ones for you. Not to mention, he generally has all of his lights on sight if you need something quick. I have purchased fish from him in the past, but am not sure if he is doing fish lately since his tank is no longer there (pipe in if I am wrong Chris because I could just be blowing smoke)kinda hard to get fish outta frag tanks..lol)), but I have bought some from him in a group buy before. Just ask, he is more than willing to help if he can!

madpatter66
08-11-2012, 12:38 AM
Thanx Murph :) Yup, my handle on here is madpatter66 (college nickname, lol!)