PDA

View Full Version : LED for my Finnex

Bigwavedave
03-24-2012, 12:08 PM
I have been thinking about making the jump into the LED world. I have a mixed tank but focus mainly on acans, zoas on the bottom to middle of tank. SPS on top. My current lighting is 250 MH with 2 X 24W T5.

So for those not familiar with Finnex, it is all in one. Main chamber is 24W X 18H X 16D.

My main focus is color, growth is second because the tank is so small and pretty established.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Dave

Scuba_Steve
03-24-2012, 12:51 PM
Im not 100% sure what you are asking here. Reviews/Opinions of the particular fixture? Or just how would it compare to your current lights?

I am not aware of anyone here that has that fixture, but a lot of us have similar ones. I think you will find more Reefkoi Evo fixtures around here than any others, which is made very similar. I personally have a 120w one, and in my opinion it is brighter than my old 250w MH. The LEDs make the tank look more vibrant as well. I have noticed about the same, maybe a bit more growth.

Given the option again, I would definitely have made the jump to LEDs again.

Bigwavedave
03-24-2012, 05:36 PM
Looking for ideas on a new fixture. I was just giving the dimensions of my tank. It does not have a canopy.

Anyone lighting a smaller tank?

I saw Reefkoi fixture, I would need at least a dim able model. Not sure which size I would need?

Anyone using a Radeon? Is the programming worth the extra cost?

Appreciate any feedback.

Dave

kmauger1
03-24-2012, 09:23 PM
Have you thought of gutting your current light fixture and replacing the insides with DIY led?

Bigwavedave
03-25-2012, 02:20 PM
Was thinking about moving my old light to a frag tank. I am getting pretty full and itching for more space. This is an addicting hobby...

bigsittingrock
03-25-2012, 02:58 PM
I put a dim able Evo 120 over my 29 bio cube and like it. If $$ isn't an issue then the ecotech would be the top choice.

scrumpto
03-25-2012, 10:09 PM
Anyone using a Radeon? Is the programming worth the extra cost?
Dave

I have a Radeon but bought it for the full spectrum, not the programming. But the software is awesome.