PDA

View Full Version : New to the Club But keep a decent tank

ReeferCMWC
02-25-2012, 04:07 PM
Hey guys I am Chris I am the owner of Canna Meds Wellness Center In Colorado springs. I used this name because I will be trying to stock my big tank (125 gallon) that is in the lobby of my store.

I keep a small 14g BioCube at home. I am thinking about doing an LED upgrade and figured this would be a good place to consult.

I like corals a lot because i am a grower with water and growing plants underwater is very cool. i have kept tanks my whole life. these are my 3rd and 4th salty.

Murfman
02-25-2012, 04:11 PM
Welcome Chris. Please tell us more about your systems like lighting, livestock, pumps, sump/fuge etc.

Chase Thorn
02-25-2012, 04:25 PM
Very cool!

ReeferCMWC
02-25-2012, 04:31 PM
The store tank has a 72in T5 setup it has 4 39wattho 12k and 4 actinic. i had to re wire the ballasts in it because it was a cheap piece but everyone talks about mounting it to the canopy but not sure on that yet. The tank has on old style overflow with the elbow not the nice new overflow style. the sump is 55gal and is the first tank i have had with one like this. 3 slots no bio balls just a center with rock sand and algae. I am not sure on the rock amount but i am guessing around 125 pounds. I am not sure on the names or brands.

My bioCube is just basic but I have 2 black clowns in there right now and a good variety of small coral frags. I used that tanks as a test frag tank. I have successfully fragged my orange monti. my toadstool leather. mushrooms although it is better to let them do it natural. polys.

time to get back to work more posts later tonight

Aricml
02-25-2012, 07:00 PM
Awesome sounding setup! Hopefully you can get some pictures on here for us ;-)

freedominco
02-26-2012, 03:28 PM
Do the upgrade to LED's on your tank, your love them. I have had LED's for about a year now and love them, use to have T-5's. Your welcome to come see my tank lit by the LED's if you wanted.

Reefkoi
02-26-2012, 07:10 PM
Welcome and do you take trades? LOL

freedominco
02-26-2012, 07:34 PM

Was hoping someone would ask that

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

stacy_vennes
02-26-2012, 10:07 PM
welcome

ReeferCMWC
02-27-2012, 12:39 AM
well it all depends on what you got since I am new to using forums you will have to forgive me ahead. i use them for info but never really used them.

My big tank is pretty empty it has just been cycling and i have got some cool fish and corals but I am far from a master coral grower. hydro is a different story.

I will post pics but i have to make them smaller because i took all my space.

so here are some things I want
Fish:
BLUE TANG
purple tang
sailfin tang
yellow tang
some cardinals <-- mine is named stoney he has red eyes
some damsels for my refuge.
and anything cool that will go with my fish
my fish
flame angel <-- Winky (one eye) petco save
marine beta <-- spot
clown <-- Coral
lawnmower blenny <-- Blenny face
pajama cardnal <-- stoney
Kleins Butterfly <-- Stupid , he eats everything. he needs to go
2 black clowns <-- Bert and Ernie

inverts wants
more hermit crabs small is best
fire shrimp
small skunk cleaner for home tank
coral banded
emerald crab
and some cool lobster thing the pink,purple,yellow, it is really bright.

Have
cleaner shrimp <-- Jhack
army of hermits most small

corals you will have to forgive me I am really new to the names

Have a decent variety but in my store tank a frag is not even noticed by anyone so I need some larger Colonies so it looks a bit better.
Went to Denver today and was at AquaMart. some of those Colors are amazing and expensive and I want colors like that in my tank too.
I grow plants for a living and to me this is underwater hydro. Very cool but with anything that grows it can be cloned/fragged and then shared.

wants
red polyp (captain America I think) they had ribbon ends but were like a florescent red
Superman mushroom with the shield
some cool ricodia
Neon orange mushroon
green mushroom ( they are neon color in normal lighting
Neon green Leather finger coral
Large Polyp colonies preferred neon green
Any large Candy corals
and cool Neon green torch hammer frog spawn that kind thing
A green clam ( I always see blue and gold how about green?) Or one like the book cover
Brains are cool I just and not sure if I have the lighting for it yet. testing so stoney frags right now so soon.
And once again anything cool that you think

Starting to see my Neon green coral theme idea for my dispensary tank

ReeferCMWC
02-27-2012, 01:05 AM
can someone delete this picture so i can put up a smaller one and some more. thanks

303travism
02-27-2012, 01:05 AM
If your going for a green theme look up Radioactive dragon eyes and Nuclear Green, Candy Apple reds is just a few zoas that have good green.
Toadstool Leather is a easy coral to maintain and you can find some nice green ones.
http://img.tapatalk.com/47d0778c-2af0-e3f0.jpg
And there is always the very easy green star polyps very easy to maintain.
http://img.tapatalk.com/47d0778c-2b38-307b.jpg
Hopefully this will help in your search.

Murfman
02-27-2012, 06:43 AM
you might want to re think the Marine Betta; http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/sw/marinebetta.php

mountaindew
02-27-2012, 09:32 AM

The funniest thing I have read in a month!
Still laughing,

ReeferCMWC
02-27-2012, 01:26 PM
you might want to re think the Marine Betta; http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/sw/marinebetta.php

why? I read the link. i have some slow zones and a few not so good hiding spots for him. I feed my tank often (4-6 small feedings) because i am trying to get the Kleins to stop eating my corals. So the beta has eaten since I got him.
I dont really have any small fish in my store tank.
Will he eat my skunk cleaner shrimp or other shirmp for that matter?

Murfman
02-27-2012, 01:29 PM
why? I read the link. i have some slow zones and a few not so good hiding spots for him. I feed my tank often (4-6 small feedings) because i am trying to get the Kleins to stop eating my corals. So the beta has eaten since I got him.
I dont really have any small fish in my store tank.
Will he eat my skunk cleaner shrimp or other shirmp for that matter?

They are predators, they will eat anything they can catch. Lobsters will eat fish and shrimp too. Flame Angel might pick at your clams and SPS, as they get older.

ReeferCMWC
02-29-2012, 01:07 PM
Thanks for all the help. The new name is clever and I really like it. Thanks for letting me participate in the club. I am just really appreciative to have a think tank to throw around some ideas.

Reefkoi
03-01-2012, 05:17 PM
Your Purple Tang will be here monday afternoon!

ReeferCMWC
03-02-2012, 11:38 PM
Sweet thanks.

What was the name of that neon green leather finger again?

mitch303
04-10-2012, 12:56 PM
Welcome