PDA

View Full Version : Cyclop-eeze

Bernout
02-15-2012, 09:12 PM
Anyone using this for feeding and if so, how often?

The first time I fed my fish with some I overdid it and I think that was responsible for a major outbreak of diatoms. I couldn't believe how fast the sides of the tank got covered. So I've drastically cut back on how much I put in but still do it 2 - 3 times a week. Now I've got a bit of stringy brown algae which is playing havoc with my corals and I'm thinking the cyclop-eeze may be responsible for that as well so I'm thinking of not using it at all for a while.

I originally started because I thought it would be food for the corals as well given how small the pieces are.

Sharing your experiences with this would be appreciated. Perhaps I just need to wait for my tank to mature more before I can use it since it is supposed to be a pretty rich food source.

Bernout

JLAURENCE32
02-16-2012, 10:39 AM
The best Cyclopeeze I like is the frozen stuff at Mr Aqua. It's easy to break off and control the feeding size, plus you get alot for the money. That's the only place I've seen the frozen. Sorry they're not a sponsor.

Bernout
02-17-2012, 08:48 PM
The best Cyclopeeze I like is the frozen stuff at Mr Aqua. It's easy to break off and control the feeding size, plus you get alot for the money. That's the only place I've seen the frozen. Sorry they're not a sponsor.

I didn't realize there were different brands. So it's not the same as the stuff I bought at Seascape that was packaged with some PE Mysis?

Bernout

JLAURENCE32
02-18-2012, 04:10 PM
No... the only kind I've ever seen at Seascape is in a small little bottle. It's super concentrated and you extract it with a syringe.

Bernout
03-02-2012, 09:58 PM
No... the only kind I've ever seen at Seascape is in a small little bottle. It's super concentrated and you extract it with a syringe.

Ah. Well, the stuff I bought at Seascape (with the PE Mysis) was frozen. I should probably sell it because the mysis is almost too large for my small fish and I'm pretty sure the Cyclopeeze was responsible for my diatom problems (which are now under control).

Bernout

Ranger
03-03-2012, 03:56 PM
I used to feed the frozen stuff. Used a turkey baster to target my sun corals and LPS. Great stuff.