PDA

View Full Version : Gallery Category

Questin
02-20-2008, 03:04 PM
Currently we have:
Member's Gallery
SCMAS Community Gallery
SCMAS Meetings

It's pretty clear that we would want all our pictures in the Member's Gallery, but I am not sure what would go into the Community Gallery, and we always forget to take pictures at meetings, so there is nothing in there.

Not so long ago we talked a little about having a section for events and having all the pictures of these events in there. Did that happen? I am not able to find that so I am wondering if it is around here someplace.

Also, are you able to make sub-categories in the Gallery? If that is possible, it would be easy to make an Event category and then have a seperate category for each event under that, then we could all toss up our pictures for the event that we might have.

So I would suggest the following:

-Member's Gallery
-SCMAS Meetings (start taking pics people!)

Events
- Reefstock
- MAX
- Frag Swap 07

Reefkoi
02-20-2008, 03:22 PM
So I would suggest the following:

-SCMAS Meetings (start taking pics people!)

yeah we need someone doing this, Tim was taking pics at the first few meeting, but i don't think anyone has taken over from there.

Anyone want to volunteer to take meeting/event pics and get them posted online in a gallery???
C

Questin
02-20-2008, 03:31 PM
I can do that, that little camera phone takes a good pic, and I always have that thing with me, I just forget to take pics all the time. Would be good to get group pictures, tank pictures, raffle item pictures, and pictures of whatever other fun stuff goes on (like winning the prize for how to setup a reef tank from PetCo).

But if someone did this, it would be nice to break up the Category for SCMAS Meetings into sub groups for each month as well. Just an idea thou, I don't know if the forums can even do that, or if you all want to do that.

But if someone with a real camera wants to do this, I think that would be great, but if we all took pictures and loaded them up here, then no one person would have to do this.

LDogg
02-20-2008, 03:34 PM
the gallery is a seperate forum add-on so I would have to look into it. we can create sub gallerys for meetings though.

Questin
02-20-2008, 03:37 PM
Was that what you were planing for events as well?

LDogg
02-20-2008, 03:41 PM
we could do a special events gallery sub section too.

Reefkoi
02-20-2008, 03:50 PM
that would be very cool, a gallery for pics from each meeting. hmmm and we should all pose for a group shot midway through each meeting, then we all know who made it and it might make for interesting conversation.
C

Questin
02-20-2008, 03:54 PM
It would be very organized and it would prompt people to take more pictures because it is so easy to upload them and put them in the correct area. And if we had pictures of all the raffle items, I would have to say that would generate more interest from people that have not been to a meeting yet.

You all took a lot of pictures of the xmas meeting, but its hard to find them sometimes in the forum. I want easy access to pictures like El Presidente' in drag! or makeup, or whatever that drunk you sleeping with a bucket of salt was.

Questin
02-20-2008, 03:57 PM
What are the gallery limits per member? I need to know how out of hand I can get.

ReefJerk
02-20-2008, 04:20 PM
Excellent idea. Especially about the raffle item pics. That would give a visual of the level of quality items you can get for $2 or what you missed out on for $50. Either way, it all benefits the club and we could have references for who won which item. That way we know who to hit up for frags in 6 months :)

Questin
02-20-2008, 04:21 PM
You would be at the top of that list if I remember correcly ReefJerk!

ReefJerk
02-20-2008, 04:25 PM
You would be at the top of that list if I remember correcly ReefJerk!

:yesnod:

Reefkoi
02-20-2008, 05:08 PM
yeah pics of the raffle table so people that are shy to come to a meeting or don't think it's worth the time will see what they miss out on each month.

The drunken photos of El Presidente' have disappeared and thats a good thing..............

C

DKone
02-20-2008, 06:11 PM
>>> The drunken photos of El Presidente' have disappeared and thats a good thing..............

MWUSHAHAAH!

I have extensive files of those photo's and, better yet, I have some unseen video footage I shot and am saving up for that "rainy" day!

<Evil Laughter>

John
aka DKone -
Mr. DeathTank

Reefkoi
02-20-2008, 07:27 PM
It better be a really dismal rainy foggy day ;)
C

ReefJerk
02-22-2008, 04:22 PM
Is there a sticky somewhere for pics of raffle items for the next upcoming meeting. I think it would be good to have pics of upcoming items. It might entice more response from the added anticipation. I know it's been kind of a loose posting of what was gathered from the donors and sponsors along the way but it would be good to have it all in one area. Just an idea.

Reefkoi
02-22-2008, 04:26 PM
Well the way it usually works is Tim contacts Jim just before each meeting and then picks up the items the day before or day of. Same with Scott and Todd, I don't know how well that would work given those statistics.
I think the idea of taking a picture of the table full of items and posting it after each meeting will work better.

I will say however that for the FragStock event we need to have each vendor donate the items (dry goods anyway) a month before so we can add those items to the flyers and website.
We may not get all of them to do this but a few would be great.

C

LDogg
02-22-2008, 04:43 PM
yeah the plan for Fragstock is to have those listed on our site at least a month before fragstock

Questin
02-22-2008, 04:49 PM
Is the gallery able to do this thou? If it can or not, we want more pictures anyways

LDogg
02-22-2008, 04:53 PM
yeah, worst case, we can upgrade to the pro version, which I already paid for when we got the forum version.

ReefJerk
02-22-2008, 05:01 PM
Well the way it usually works is Tim contacts Jim just before each meeting and then picks up the items the day before or day of. Same with Scott and Todd, I don't know how well that would work given those statistics.
I think the idea of taking a picture of the table full of items and posting it after each meeting will work better.

That makes sense. I thought the items were in hand earlier than that. :smash:

Huhhhhh
02-22-2008, 07:36 PM
I have taken pic's in the past of some raffle items and posted them in the meeting's thread but it was the night before the meeting.

I'll make a better effort to take pick of what I pick up as soon as I get them. I know I'm always going through posts befor I leave for a meeting so others have to be doing the same thing. Maybe a pic the day before will get some more attendance.:patriot: