PDA

View Full Version : Sump Skimmer combo

Will
01-06-2012, 07:28 PM
Howdy, I have a question about the below pictured sump/skimmer combo. It is being sold on CL for $75 but it has been there for about a month, so I can definatly get a cheaper price. They said the skimmer is built into the sump, and the sump is a 20 gallon 3 chamber. The company it came from is called U S Aquarium and has gone out of business. The seller does not have much info on it either, besides he had it hooked up to his 75 gallon tank. He is selling it because he built himself a new sump. So, can anyone give me any ideas about it? Thanks

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c303/willsjamie/photo.jpg

Scuba_Steve
01-06-2012, 08:08 PM
I will tell you based on your other thread that the skimmer will be way under powered for a 100g tank. If it were me, I wouldnt put it on a 10g tank, but that is not knowing much about it. To me it looks like a small airstone skimmer, which is the cheapest skimming method available. I could be wrong though...

blue71
01-07-2012, 05:01 PM
US Aquariums was a Colorado manufacturer that specialized in making acrylic tanks and stands. They are now out of business. My opinion is that it's good riddance. I had one of their tanks, it looked ok, but it was very poorly designed in the way that the bulkheads for the built in overflow were off center with the water outlet, this is why Sweat44 had many problems with it. If I were you, I wouldn't go near that sump. You can build one yourself that is better for an equal price, or cheaper. Why do you think this guy built a new one?