PDA

View Full Version : What are these?? Please Help ID

Coral Xpressions
01-02-2012, 12:16 AM
Picked up a bunch of rock and these all came with. No idea what they are.

The anemone has a slight hint of green in it and whatever it is in front of it opens up with small clear feelers/tentacles that come out of it
http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk1/suselis787/Fish%20Tank%20Stuff/AnemoneandUNK.jpg

These range from size of a pencil eraser to about a silver dollar size. green centers and brown tips. Over all the rocks I got.
http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk1/suselis787/Fish%20Tank%20Stuff/Greenthings.jpg

??? Appears healthy other than the fact that it leans like this. If i remember correctly the tank I got it from had the rock standing straight up and down so the way its leaning actually had it pointing straight up. I just dont have room in this tank yet.
http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk1/suselis787/Fish%20Tank%20Stuff/WhatsThis.jpg

Reeflextion
01-02-2012, 03:43 AM
Hard to tell from the pictures. The first does look like a manjano nuisance anenome. The second could be nuisance or polyps. The third is a leather and they can be shocked and bend over like that but comeback. They are pretty hardy corals

Aricml
01-02-2012, 09:33 AM
I agree that third picture looks much like my devils hand leather. Mine had almost an identical lean when it was put in the tank and kept it for a few days before righting itself and standing proud. I think the second picture is a Paly based on size but can't help with it's trade name.

the haj
01-02-2012, 10:42 AM
1. Trumpet and possible LTA judging by the size I would not think that it is a mojano..
2.zoa or paly
3.Some sort of finger leather
How long have they been in your tank and are you running any sort of carbon in there especially with the stressed out leather?

hooked
01-02-2012, 10:57 AM
1. Trumpet and possible LTA judging by the size I would not think that it is a mojano..
2.zoa or paly
3.Some sort of finger leather
How long have they been in your tank and are you running any sort of carbon in there especially with the stressed out leather?

agree with the haj

Coral Xpressions
01-02-2012, 11:03 AM
The Anemone in the 1st pic swelled up to just a little bigger than a softball yesterday if thats helps to id with size. I am running 2 carbon packs in my canister. Are palys able to detach themselves and just float along til it finds something else it wants to stick to? The ones in pic 2 and 3 are the ones I'm concerned with being possible mojano. When I put the rock in a few of them fell off and just floated around for a while. I'd hate for them to be a pest because they glow really bright green in the blues. My wife really enjoys looking at them. I moved teh leather a little higher in the tank and rotated the rock a little and it looks alot better after being in the light for a hour this morning.

Coral Xpressions
01-02-2012, 11:05 AM
looking at some pics online for LTAs and thats what I'm leaning towards also. Same with the paly, just havent found one with my coloring yet. Gonna keep looking

honoreetamore
01-02-2012, 11:44 PM
Agree with the nem (not sure what type w seeing it) and the leather - but not convinced those are just palys tho.... reason I say that is I have seen majano that look just like that and the pics make them look like they have a mulitple layed skirting/lashes - also a majano trait. Not sayin they cant be palys but just would need a better pic or to see them in person lol

dirtefish
01-03-2012, 02:05 AM
Hard call if those are majano or pallies, but I think its a picture issue.
Get a good look at the base of em, when I was cleaning these off some rock I got recently they would pop off really easy off the rock. They would free float and stick
to damn near anything they touched. Also a dead give away was how fast they would open and close. Pally wont be as quick to respond, but majano seem to close and
open so damn fast.
Im betting on majano.

Coral Xpressions
01-03-2012, 11:52 PM
Thanks everyone....the ones that might be majano do come off easy and just float around then restick to to whatever they want. And the tips on most of them bubble up a bit. And Not exactly sure what type of anemone the big one in the 1st pic but my clown loves it and just started hosting it tonight. He is loving life with it right now

honoreetamore
01-04-2012, 12:00 AM
Thanks everyone....the ones that might be majano do come off easy and just float around then restick to to whatever they want. And the tips on most of them bubble up a bit.

YUCKY!!! U got majano's dude! :(

Get rid of them as quickly as possible!! They take over EVERYTHING and are worse the guppies reproducing! (for those of you that never had guppies - first, WOW! and second - one pair is worse than a dozen pairs of rabbits)

Coral Xpressions
01-04-2012, 06:04 AM
awesome!!!! guess I'll start ripping them out when I get off work tonight

dirtefish
01-06-2012, 12:18 AM
Make sure u pull ur rock and rip em out away from ur tank. Rinse the rock well after ya pop em out. Took two rounds to clean some rock I picked up with em but two weeks and havent seen a come back.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

Coral Xpressions
01-06-2012, 10:13 PM
Will do thanks