PDA

View Full Version : Hey All!

farrar08
11-10-2011, 10:43 PM
So I've been on the site for a little while now. Let me tell a little bit about myself. I'm been looking around this site for a while now but really haven't been involved much. I've got a 29 G Biocube that I'm looking to upgrade. I'm trying to find someone on the site who could help me mod my lighting to LED's. If anyone know how or would let me know how much it'd cost that would be very appreciated. I've also got a 150 gallon complete freshwater setup that I'd love to sell/ trade for something smaller or possibly reef ready.

notchback5.0
11-11-2011, 09:42 AM
welcome... I havnet built my own LED's yet but I am going to build a small setup for my 7 gal nano eventually. Check out this thread for basic info on DIY LEDs http://www.thescmas.com/forums/showthread.php?9113-DIY-3watt-LED-Lighting . Have you ever thought about selling your fresh water live stock and converting your tank to salt water? You can easily silicone an overflow into your tank, and drill the back glass to add your overflow. I did it on the 65 gal that I am building.

hooked
11-11-2011, 10:36 AM
Welcome to SCMAS. We would like to se some pics and info on your setup as well. Do take a look at my DIY LED thread. Feel free to ask any questions. I'm currently working on a few new things with LED's. We can get you to where you want to be with them.

sweat044
11-11-2011, 11:15 AM
Welcome!

farrar08
11-12-2011, 04:16 PM
I'm having a hard time loading my pictures on here. I just re aquascaped my biocube. It looks way better than the current picture I've got on here. I just want to be able to have any type of coral in here. And with power compact I really can't. I'm going to Home Depot to get a plug so I can plug the 150 gallon. I'm debating on turning it into saltwater or keeping it freshwater. Just alot of money to convert into saltwater. Love some help on this debate.

farrar08
11-12-2011, 04:20 PM
Also looking for a possible freshwater filter to add to the 150. If anyone has an extra or wants to sell let me know please.

jasonp87
11-12-2011, 05:00 PM
The easiest way to loaf pictures is to put them on photobucket and then copy and paste the URL into the comment text.

Jons719
11-15-2011, 11:40 PM
Hello!