PDA

View Full Version : Hamilton Tech MH ? and Problem

aarond21
10-26-2011, 07:30 AM
I'm currently setting up 72 Bow. I will be running a Hamilton 2x 175W w/ 2x Super Actinic VHO's, it has fans on both sides. The fans currently are drawing air in the lighting hood. To me it seems one should draw in and one should pull air out. This is the biggest MH fixture Ive had so I'm still learning. Should I flip one around? Its not a RR so I'm running a cs90 overflow box, Amiracle sump, Mag 5, and a Protein Skimmer.

My luck I just started to add the VHOs to the light and one of the caps (white light clips not sure the real name) broke, can I replace it with one from home depot? Or is it a special one?

Thanks,
Aaron

hooked
10-26-2011, 08:10 AM
I have used a hamilton unit also. My fans were push in pull out. Makes good sense that way. Don't aim them to your thermostat for the furnace. The heat will keep it from coming on. I also don't see why you couldn't replace the end clip. Just make sure that it is the same spacing.

aarond21
10-26-2011, 08:31 AM
Thanks it seem to me to have one pull one push. Thanks so much!

Murfman
10-26-2011, 11:11 AM
Aaron, I would have them both push air out. Reason being, if you have one pulling in fresh air, it is pulling in salt and will cause the fan bearings to rust and eventually seize up. I know this because I kept having to replace the fans on my canopy, when I had it. Now if you have a high end fan with ceramic bearings........