PDA

View Full Version : First time poster

dirtefish
10-20-2011, 09:32 PM
Hello everyone at scmas.
Been reading these forums for quite some time, but had never posted.
After attending last coral convention in the springs I had to sign up.
This is my first year with salt water, I have a 90g reef with a 30g sump
My livestock list is growing but at the moment is:
Green/pink torch
Green Hammer
Stunner chalice
Fire/ice zoa
Few other mixed zoa
Red/pink Blasto
Nuclear holocaust
6 headed duncan *a favorite
A single kenya tree *he doesnt seem to like spreading
pink pulsing xenia, which attempts to take over my tank
and lastly some pipe organ
Tank is only holding a damsel and a chromie at the moment, survivors of my first fight with ich several months ago, r.i.p. to my kole, coral b, and my foxface rabbit. Tank has been empty for 3 months until moving my lil chromie and damsel back in from q.

All my frags are growing and are awesome to watch.
A big thank you to every poster on this site for all the help you were giving and didnt know. Special thanks to Dane for getting me into salt earlier this year, you were right it has become an addiction.

The second half of this hobbie for me is hoarding tanks in my basement. In addition to the 5 tanks I run upstairs salt and fresh. My basement has roughly 14 more in waiting until I can have my fish room. (pending wife approval of course)

Other non related details:
Early 30s Married with 2 kiddos who all love my reef as much as I do.
I manage with walmart entertainment divisions.
Im still running several cichlid tanks in addition to my salt.
And I play far too much pc video games, a warcraft refugee who plays a lot of tf2, BF, and soon to start swotr.

Thank you to everyone for being an awesome part of this community!

Dirtefish

stacy_vennes
10-20-2011, 11:11 PM
welcome :)

sweat044
10-21-2011, 09:13 AM
Welcome to the addiction. Dane is correct it starts as a hobby but sone it grows to addiction!

Murfman
10-21-2011, 09:39 AM
Welcome! Please post up pics of your system with specs on it. We love seeing new tanks.

dirtefish
10-21-2011, 12:12 PM
pics are soon to come, camera at the moment is in modesto california. It has a good zoom, but not that good lol
Hopefully I will have some fish in my tank by then, Im still a little scared to introduce anything to the tank even after running it fallow for so long.

Murfman
10-21-2011, 02:24 PM
just make sure you QT any new additions.

dirtefish
10-21-2011, 11:39 PM
Qt is running and holding my new addition :) Fox face rabbit fish. Will be nice to see something swimming in there after his qt ends.
I'll be setting up another cichlid tank tomorrow night since my brichardi's breeding has gotten a little crazy.

dv3
10-22-2011, 06:54 AM
welcome