http://www.baycorals.com/collections/chalices

Anyone have any of these beauties?

dane
09-26-2011, 12:37 PM
That's totally not nice to show
I want that pin stripe

notchback5.0
09-26-2011, 12:42 PM
i think i need to see some chalices in person. I for the life of me can not see what people get so excited about when looking at pics on the net.

PuD
09-26-2011, 12:43 PM
I've only got one chalice... I was told it was a death star chalice when I got it but, I'm not so sure... It doesn't look like any of the pics online. I'll post a picture later tonight and hopefully someone can identify it. I've had it for a while and it doesn't seem to be getting any bigger. Guess I need to do a little more research on how to care for it.

Murfman
09-26-2011, 12:53 PM
I've only got one chalice... I was told it was a death star chalice when I got it but, I'm not so sure... It doesn't look like any of the pics online. I'll post a picture later tonight and hopefully someone can identify it. I've had it for a while and it doesn't seem to be getting any bigger. Guess I need to do a little more research on how to care for it.

How big is it? How much do you feed your tank?

PuD
09-26-2011, 01:05 PM
It's a little larger than a quarter and the tank is fed daily. Some stuff is used more than others. I use reef snow every few days, Rods once a week, fauna marin once a week and daily flake food for the fish. One problem is that I don't have a ready supply of calc or mag to dose with. The crap is so expensive in stores and I don't have a lot of time to make my own. Hoping I can get some made soon though. I've got a couple of 5 gallon jugs I can use to make the calc and mag.

Murfman
09-26-2011, 01:13 PM
It's a little larger than a quarter and the tank is fed daily. Some stuff is used more than others. I use reef snow every few days, Rods once a week, fauna marin once a week and daily flake food for the fish. One problem is that I don't have a ready supply of calc or mag to dose with. The crap is so expensive in stores and I don't have a lot of time to make my own. Hoping I can get some made soon though. I've got a couple of 5 gallon jugs I can use to make the calc and mag.

Ca and Alk are going to be where you make your $$. Just mix them in 1 gallon jugs and dose daily.

PuD
09-26-2011, 01:34 PM
I gotta track down the receipes again. Being lazy costs too much and that doesn't sit well with me... especially since I'm a cheap a$$.
Maybe I can send the GF to pick up some epsom salt at wally world tonight... Dunno if I can convince her to go to Home Depot to get the ice melt.

Murfman
09-26-2011, 01:40 PM
I gotta track down the receipes again. Being lazy costs too much and that doesn't sit well with me... especially since I'm a cheap a$$.
Maybe I can send the GF to pick up some epsom salt at wally world tonight... Dunno if I can convince her to go to Home Depot to get the ice melt.

http://reefkeeping.com/issues/2006-02/rhf/index.php

Sam's club is a better buy at $18 a bucket.

PuD
09-26-2011, 01:47 PM
Thanks for the link.
I'm not a Sams Club member unfortunately. I don't shop enough to justify spending the $30 a year or whatever it is.

Murfman
09-26-2011, 01:51 PM
Check with Notchback5.0, he bought all of the extra I had, when I switched over to a Ca reactor.

coach
09-26-2011, 02:04 PM
Is this a very complicated process?

PuD
09-26-2011, 02:12 PM
Complicated is relative to the person doing it. I can change a transmission and build computers pretty easily and some people find it difficult to change the oil in their car. I don't find it to complicated at all. It's a little time consuming but, the amount of money you save is well worth it. The instructions are written pretty well.
I'm not knocking anyones abilities, just throwing out examples. I can't knit. My GF had me try it and that was enough for me. Too complicated. ;)

notchback5.0
09-26-2011, 02:38 PM
Do they still sell that stuff? My understanding the stuff at Sams is not the same mixture any more.

Murfman
09-26-2011, 03:27 PM
Is this a very complicated process?

Not at all. You just test and adjust your mixture

randomfish
09-26-2011, 04:43 PM
this is all i use i love randy's recipe #1 pud i have some you can have pm me

PuD
09-28-2011, 09:13 AM
Ok so, here's a pic of my chalice. Hopefully someone can identify what it is...

http://i1129.photobucket.com/albums/m507/MrPuD/chalice.jpg

dvenson
09-29-2011, 02:45 PM
i have the Bazooka Joe

randomfish
12-02-2011, 08:34 AM
do you think it would be more beneficial to target feed chalices and what do you think is best to feed

hooked
12-02-2011, 09:22 AM
I haven't been target feeding mine. They are growing well. Adam has been getting extream growth with his chalices. Maybe he will chime in on this.

Murfman
12-02-2011, 10:40 AM
Cyclopese is the best, IMO. Most chalices have small mouths and can't take in bigger food. I wouldnt' feed more than 2x a week though.

randomfish
12-02-2011, 11:49 AM
thx i have 2 new chalices 1 hot pink and a 11 eye bgm i have been feeding the tank but havnt been target feeding